My hometown celebrates Norway’s Constitution Day every year. Many people dress up in Norwegian ethnic costumes for the weekend festivities. As things go, there are “generic” versions made. This so happens to be one of those for a little man.
I noticed I was having some issues maintaining the tension with my sewing machine, so I pulled up a spare machine and moved on to the little red vest. This was going together MUCH better! Right up until the last button. I’d been sewing the buttons on by machine, as it goes quicker. Unfortunately, I didn’t have the button lined up quite right.
I liked how well the pieces were actually going together – even with the setbacks I was having.
The next day, I went back to work on the shirt. The button holes went in quickly. Plus, I pulled out all of the top-stitiching and redid it. A few minutes spent chatting on the phone with a friend meant hand-sewing the buttons on went quickly.
I purposely did not use any interfacing in the shirt or the vest. The little man that would be wearing this outfit is 4 months old. The idea is to keep him comfortable while he’s wearing his little suit.